Work Location: Redmond, WA
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
A Redmond-based AAA studio has an exciting opportunity for a talented new lighting artist to join their ranks! As a core member of our lighting team, you will work closely alongside the team responsible for creating a top-selling and critically acclaimed racing simulation franchise. You will contribute to our current set of lighting related production tasks. You will gain mentorship and guidance from our seasoned team of lighters who will help groom, inform, and develop your skills sets even further than they are today. You will be given individual work assignments and have an opportunity to participate in a meaningful way to our production.
To apply, please provide portfolio links. This can include:
- Examples or work assignments from school, or industry trade program
- Examples of in-game lighting work.
- Examples of personal work: CG lighting, photography, illustration work, look-dev or pre-vis samples.
- Samples to any other lighting related production work outside of lighting that you may want to share.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lighting Supervisor to help deliver the in-game lighting vision.
- Help support all fundamental core lighting needs across the franchise.
- Participate in the lighting of core environment spaces from pre-production to final polish.
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability.
- Able to work collaboratively and respectfully in a team environment.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and continually learning new software packages.
- Balance quality with efficiency while managing timely deliveries in a fast-paced production environment.
- Able to take direction in a professional manner and incorporate that feedback back into your work.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordian
- A strong portfolio that showcases an understanding of light, color, value, and artful composition
- An entry level understanding of the physical principals of light
- A base understanding of how light interacts with materials and surfacing.
- Proficiency with a sub-set of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems, preferably expertise with 3DS Max, Substance Designer, and V-Ray.
- Demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Cultivated aesthetic sense and keen eye for detail.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits