Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy.
We are looking for experienced lead programmers who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.
If you’re a strong C++/C# programmer with a passion for games, we’ve got a golden opportunity for you in The Nation’s Capital. Snowed In Studios, Ottawa’s largest game development studio, is looking for passionate, curious and versatile people looking to apply their skills in all aspects of game development. You will be in a creative, supportive environment and will have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games. If you can picture yourself taking on many different programming challenges, keep reading, it gets better!
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios to bring their games to realization
- Designing, implementing, and debugging game features
- Working on game toolsets and pipelines
- Analyzing and optimizing runtimes
- Collaborating on systems and tools to help designers implement their creative vision
- Building a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
Cool people we’re looking for:
- Advanced programming skills in C++ and/or C#.
- Emphasizes a deeper understanding of what the code is doing, not just that it works
- Experience with game engines such as Unity 3D and Unreal Engine
- Experience working in large codebases
- Understands how to analyze and optimize code
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable with vector and matrix math
- Good with algorithms
- Understands various design patterns and their benefits/draw backs
- Open-minded and team oriented
- Curious and always learning
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Major plus for your XP in the following areas:
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development
- Shipped game(s)
If this sounds like you, here’s what we offer:
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere, competitive benefits and generous time off
- Ottawa! Low cost of living, five universities, and year-round sporting and cultural activities in a dynamic city with a thriving music scene
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie
If this sounds like you, reach out! Send us a CV to email@example.com and we’d love to hear all about you.