Do you have a passion for graphics and all things rendering? Well we have a great opportunity in The Nation’s Capital. Snowed In Studios, Ottawa’s largest game development studio, is looking for experienced rendering developers to work on high-profile, AAA titles for major publishers. If this sounds like you, keep reading, it gets better!
Cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Program code customized to the hardware you are working with
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses
- Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision as well as prototype ideas
- Update and improve existing rendering systems for the next generation of consoles
- Work with legacy projects to bring them into the modern era
- Optimize CPU/GPU performance and memory usage in the rendering pipeline
- Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
- Effectively communicate progress, problems, and solutions to project leadership
- Actively participate in code reviews
Build a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
Cool people we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a professional graphics programmer
- Strong proficiency in C++ including modern language features
- Experience with DirectX and OpenGL
- Experience with shader languages such as HLSL and GLSL
- Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
- Experience in parallelization paradigms and optimizing algorithms
- Good knowledge of 3D rendering algorithms (e.g. physically-based rendering, fragment-linked lists, shadow mapping, global illumination, motion blur, volume rendering, etc.)
- Experience with GPU profiling using Pix, AMD's Radeon GPU profiler, NVidia's GPU profiler
- Experience using graphics debugging tools like Renderdoc
- Strong math skills in algebra, geometry, calculus etc.
- Solid knowledge of GPU and CPU architectures
- A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals and performance
Major plus for your XP in the following areas:
- Experience with Unity 3D or Unreal Engine
- Experience with Vulkan or Modern Metal
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and Lua
- Experience with C#
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder and Photoshop
- Knowledge of CUDA / OpenCL
If this sounds like you, here’s what we offer:
- The chance to work on AAA games, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere, competitive benefits and generous time off
- Ottawa! Low cost of living, five universities, and year-round sporting and cultural activities in a dynamic city with a thriving music scene
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie
Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy.
We are looking for experienced rendering programmers who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.