- Jagex is a leading British video game developer and publisher best known for Runescape and Old School Runescape, two of the world’s most community-centric and successful massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Jagex create deep, meaningful and ever-evolving immersive experiences & inherently understand how to connect, engage and excite people through play. Jagex is as an expert in the field of living games – those which grow and evolve over time.
- Headquartered in Cambridge, Jagex has enjoyed five years of successive growth, almost doubling its staff in the last two years and generating revenue of more than £100million a year.
- Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
- Jagex is looking for a talented developer to play a key role in growing its Publishing Platform team. The team's goal is to build a best-in-class ecosystem for living games, providing services including account management, payments systems, core game services, distribution, live operations, testing and reporting.
- Take a part in development, enhance, support and QA of multi-layer applications
- Take responsibility for code quality, efficiency and maintainability
- Manage tasks in team scope, coordinate work with peers
- Follow and improve best practices within the team
- Excellent Java skills (JDK8+)
- Strong communication skills
- Proven records of contribution to the design and architecture of complex scalable and highly reliable backend systems
- Excellent knowledge of relational and NoSQL database systems
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP fundamentals and design of RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a micro-service based infrastructure
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Be familiar with Kubernetes
- Be familiar with OAuth2
- Be familiar with Docker
- Working with an international team of world class professionals on exciting and challenging projects
- Relocation program for new hires
- Learning & Development opportunities – mentoring, lectures, participation at industry conferences and events
- Medical Insurance package
- Sensibly flexible working hours
- Breakfasts, snacks and fruits available during the day, tea and coffee machines
- Friendly team and a family-like environment
- Casual workplace environment in Krakow downtown including bicycle parking, game and chill-out zones
- Additional benefits – care bonus to cover health, educational and safety needs, four paid days without sick list during a year, paid fitness club membership, corporate parties and team buildings and many more others