Work Location: Redmond, WA, WFH due to Covid
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
The creators of a top selling and critically acclaimed AAA racing games’ franchise, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Media Artist to join the team. A Media Artist will work as part of the team responsible for crafting assets for existing and new titles within the franchise. Working closely with both internal and external teams the artist will create screen shots, videos and other assets. This person will play a critical role in helping the team create world-class videos & imagery that support the franchise and generate brand awareness.
The ideal candidate brings experience from games, film, previz, postproduction, or visual FX creating world class visual assets. Experience creating complex camera moves combined with realistic vehicle motion in digital worlds is key, they should be comfortable with different software and easily moving between realtime and prerendered workflows. This work combines an understanding of visual narrative and edit flow, technical craft, creative problem solving, and execution in a team-centric environment.
- Able to conceptualize, create, and capture high-quality in-game footage using propriety tools.
- Create compelling trailers, imagery, cinematics, and gameplay videos with excellent pacing and exciting content using in-game and/or live-action footage.
- Execute video edits from high level ideas, shot lists, storyboards, and pre-viz edits with a careful focus on camera framing, shot composition, and flow.
- Establish continuity of the brand look and appeal while also creating fresh visuals that help increase brand awareness.
- Balance quality with efficiency while managing timely deliveries in a fast-paced production environment.
- Able to take direction and incorporate feedback.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Knowledge of production process for creating custom video game cinematics.
- Strong working experience with Fuel, Unreal, Unity, or other game engines.
- Understanding of car action, cinematography, video editing, photo editing, and lighting.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Cultivated aesthetic sense and keen eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of cinematic language and camera terminology.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years equivalent experience in film/games or related field.
- Creative and technical skills as a 3D generalist, capable of scene building, camera work, animating, and visual effects
- Broad knowledge in 3D production software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema4D, or other similar 3D programs.
- Post-production & motion graphics skills including, but not limited to, color grading, typography, transitions, rotoscoping, and compositing.
- Familiarity with development kits and troubleshooting.
- Experience with conventional cameras (DSLR, HD, Red, etc.).
- Automotive enthusiast with a passion for racing games.
- Understanding and knowledge of marketing trends and best practices
- Examples of in-game cinematic work.
- Examples of editing to demonstrate pacing, rhythm, and flow.
- Examples of high-resolution photography stills or videos shoots.
- Examples of 3D camera work is a huge plus.
- Please submit a demo reel/portfolio & breakdown with relevant examples of your work.
At KeyWords we provide all our workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits