The Korean Linguist position will be based at our HQ in Dublin, Ireland. As a language expert, you will join a well-established team of Loc PMs and linguists striving to achieve high-quality standards and constantly delivering world-class language services to the video games industry within a dynamic work environment. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team focusing on in-game, marketing and community content for a world-renowned social and mobile games publisher.
- Review translations in Korean to assure consistency and quality.
- Give feedback and collaborate effectively with internal team members and vendors (freelance translators, project managers, testers etc.)
- Perform Linguistic Quality Assurance and provide detailed reports on text reviewed.
- Translate and transcreate content from English into Korean with high quality standards.
- Suggest process improvements that will deliver on goal of optimal translation quality.
- Suggest improvements on the style and design of assigned games to help achieve the highest degree of culturalization. Identify issues that compromise optimal translation and culturalization.
- Own the creation and maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guides.
- Native level of Korean.
- Linguistics background:
- Experience as either freelance or in-house translator/reviewer from English to Korean in the gaming industry is a must.
- Educational qualification in linguistics or related field. Degree level desirable.
- A gamer:
- Passion for the mobile video game industry.
- Solid experience playing and/or translating social game genres, notably Match-3, Simulation/Invest & Express, FPS, Strategy/RPG, Car Racing, and Poker.
- Enthusiastic about investing time and research into unfamiliar genres as necessary.
- Strong interest in pop culture, including thorough knowledge of Star Wars and Harry Potter franchises in both Korean and English.
- Market knowledge:
- Knowledge of what games are popular in Korea in each genre noted above and why.
- Able to advise on how to succeed in the Korean market.
- Close familiarity with latest trends of linguistic style and jargon used in Korean games and how to apply them based on target demographics.
- Able to advise on Korean cultural specifics.
- Communication skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Korean and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Experience engaging directly with product stakeholders on client side.
- Experience setting standards and providing quality feedback to translators.
- Critical thinker, providing creativity and commitment to quality.
- Able to transcreate marketing related content.
- Self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Experience managing terminology and designing style guides.
This role will be based at Whelan House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18. Minimum remuneration €30,000 p.a. based on a 39 hour week.
Please note that a relocation package will be available to the successful candidate.