Keywords is an international technical services provider to the global Video Game Industry with 50+ studios across 21 countries and 4 continents. Keywords is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. The organization employs over 7,500 people globally at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets.
Keywords Studios Montreal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of services for the video game industry. Our studio includes some of the major brands in technical service to the global Video Game Industry, such as KWS Montréal, Alchemic-Dream and Babel. We work on a large variety of video games of all popular platforms and we are in partnership with the most notorious editors and video game developers such as Warner Bros, ES, Square Enix, 2K, and more!
The Regional Tax Director / Manager is responsible for the overall tax function of the Americas Region, which includes multiple studios in Canada, USA and Latin America. The main areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, income tax compliance and reporting, multimedia tax credits (MMTC), applicable indirect taxation, tax audits, transfer pricing and other related. The Tax Director / Manager will coordinate and supervise the work of one Financial Analyst - Taxation. This is a multi-faceted position suitable for a dynamic and experienced tax professional who inspires to grow in a fast pace, international organization. The Regional Tax Director / Manager will report to the Regional Director of Finance based in Montreal and the Global Tax Manager based in Dublin, Ireland.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Income tax compliance and reporting: Responsible for the preparation of semi-annual and year-end tax provisions including the deferred tax analysis and reporting of same at the corporate level in Dublin and preparation and filing of annual income tax returns. The incumbent also will be responsible for the calculation and submission of installment tax payments;
- MMTC: Review the monthly calculation of the MMTC provision. Together with the Analyst prepare the annual claims and submit them to IQ. Serve as a main point of contact with IQ and Revenue QC, answer questions and provide documentation necessary to support the claims. Use professional judgement to determine eligibility of projects or to resolve complex situations. Work with the business and provide advice to ensure MMTC compliance requirements are met;
- Indirect taxes: Responsible for indirect tax compliance and reporting in the areas of sales and commodity taxes on a Provincial / Federal / State level, as well as property, franchise, state and payroll related taxes. Manage withholding taxes to ensure the business is compliant and claims all relevant credits.
- Tax audits: Management of tax audits including preparation and presentation of responses to Revenue Agencies’ queries, negotiation of adjustments and reassessments.
- Transfer Pricing: Work in conjunction with the Group Tax Manager to develop and put in place a transfer pricing policy for the Americas and monitor its application. Prepare and update the transfer pricing documentation. Calculate the intercompany recharges semi-annually.
- Advisory: Using his / her experience and knowledge the incumbent will provide tax advice to the business for tax and tax credits optimization as well as optimization of the legal structure following business acquisitions. Monitor changes to local tax laws and communicate same to Global Tax Manager.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience (Big 4 preferred);
- Experience in: US taxation, Canadian Income tax, Transfer pricing
- Experience with MMTCs: strong assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a similar field;
- Professional accounting designation CPA and / or Masters in Taxation (CPA Program in Taxation)
- Bilingual (French and English – spoken and written);
- Strong working knowledge of the Office suite;
- Experience with NetSuite (a definite asset).
- Hands-on, well-organized with superior attention to details;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and adapt to change;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Professional, responsible, and reliable self-starter;
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Respectful of confidential information;
- Commercial awareness and commercially astute.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.