Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy.
We are looking for experienced lead programmers who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.
We're looking for a developer with Flash experience to join our team in The Nation’s Capital. Snowed In Studios, Ottawa’s largest game development studio, is looking for intermediate to senior ActionScript developers who want to work on high-profile, AAA titles for major publishers. You will be in a creative environment and will have a help realize the user interface of top-tier games. If this sounds like you, keep reading, it gets better!
Cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Develop UI components for an exciting AAA title
- Collaborate with artists, developers and testers to implement and debug features in ActionScript and C++
- Interpret mock-ups from designers into functional interfaces
- Participate in maintaining documentation as tools and processes are updated
- Building a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
Cool people we’re looking for:
- Experience developing UI components using Adobe Animate (Flash) and ActionScript 3
- Experience optimizing code, assets and animation
- Very organized and outstanding communication skills
- Previous experience on a AAA title
- Understanding of object oriented programming
Major plus for your XP in the following areas:
- Console and PC game UI development
- Practical knowledge of Scaleform
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building game interfaces
- UX background
- Experience with Lua or other scripting languages
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
If this sounds like you, here’s what we offer:
- The chance to work on AAA games, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere, competitive benefits and generous time off
- Ottawa! Low cost of living, five universities, and year-round sporting and cultural activities in a dynamic city with a thriving music scene
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie
If this sounds like you, reach out! Send us a CV to email@example.com and we’d love to hear all about you.