Organization Overview :
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 45 offices across 20 countries and 4 continents. The organization employs over 5,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 80,000 art assets, 21 million words of audio, 250 million words translated, 2.5 million hours of testing and resolve 16 million customer support tickets. We work with 24 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2017.
Job Purpose :
- Work with the LQA Head of Division, local Managers and Sales to support growth of the team, both locally and internationally.
- Support team and make decisions to insure successful project delivery within budget, timeframe and quality scopes.
- Developing and managing successful relationships with Keywords clients at a senior, manager and director levels.
- Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training local LQA Project Managers.
- Personally, and inspire local team to, always strive for and attain improvements and growth.
- Embody and preach Keywords Studios, KWS Montreal and Keywords Montreal values.
- Improve and develop services within Keywords Montreal and elsewhere.
Key Responsibilities and Activities :
- Manage, lead and motivate local LQA Project Managers.
- Proactively solve issues with the LQA Project Managers.
- Track client relations and macro-project progress in conjunction with the Project Managers.
- With the help of the Project Managers and Leads, create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Hold regular status meetings, focused on active departmental improvements, with the PM team.
Training and Coaching :
- Provide monthly positive and constructive performance feedback to LQA Project Managers.
- Provide quarterly evaluation feedback to LQA PM, or more frequently as needed.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
- Empower staff as much as possible and appropriate.
- Take charge of the professional development of the LQA Project Managers.
- With help of other Project Managers, mentor and train new LQA Project Managers.
- In conjunction to service development, help identify areas where training material may need improvements.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
Client Management :
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with senior client personnel.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
- Responsible for top-tier client account management affecting local operations.
- Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary.
- Delegate proposal efforts where appropriate.
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
- Cross-sell services to clients where possible and appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and encourage and grow own team to do the same.
- Track and manage project and clients macro KPIs.
- Track and manage local team and department KPIs.
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to Director, PM and Leads.
- Help and manage the creation and design of templates used by the global department.
- Manage macro resources planning, recruitment and training in partnership with the Production Support department.
- Report client and macro project statuses and information to director and management team on a regular basis.
- Manage most daily communications.
In addition to the above, the LQAM is expected to complete any other tasks deemed necessary.
Technical Skills :
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an Account Management or sales-oriented role.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- IT literate.
- Bilingual - French and English.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest.
- Familiarity with Translation Memory and Content Management tools.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and MS Office in general.
- Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Knowledge of Localization QA and Certification testing services and processes.
- Understanding of all video game business services and processes.
- Understanding of various business and management concepts.
- Understanding of change management and continuous improvements protocols.
Soft Skills :
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to speak in big groups/presentations
- Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile, flexible and able to instill change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Ability to negociate and interact with clients.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to delegate
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
** This position requires to be able to travel for business on short notice.