Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home, but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
343 Industries, the Xbox Game Studio responsible for the Halo Franchise, is seeking a Community Graphic Designer to help us create world-class content for our owned channels including social media, Insider emails, and Halo Waypoint. In this role, you will work within the Halo Community Team to support outreach with impactful visual assets that delight our audiences, drive engagement, convey stories, and support our franchise and studio objectives. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to create engaging content that’s custom-tailored for a range of applications from social media to Waypoint stories to in-game News and more. Whether it’s creating renders of 3D models, key art cinemagraphs, or capturing in-game screenshots - you’ll apply your passion for Halo and expertise in visual design to complement our community outreach. The ability to work independently to achieve outstanding results, drive and define creative specs, iterate based on partner feedback, abide by brand and channel standards, and deliver timely content is a must. All candidates should provide a portfolio of relevant work examples.
Please Note: This position requires the candidate to be in the PNW area by start date - will need to be onsite periodically.
- Create best-in-class visual and motion assets across a variety of mediums and channels including social media, Halo Waypoint, in-game news, and more.
- Capture in-game screenshots, gameplay clips, and in-engine renders for use in bespoke asset creation.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify design content opportunities, needs, specs, and final deliverables.
- Gather stakeholder feedback and drive iteration to ensure design excellence across all digital channels.
- Closely adhere to Halo and applicable brand guidelines for all assets.
- Maintain accessibility and compliance best practices / requirements in all created content.
- Craft a templatized approach to recurring content
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Proven understanding of graphic design, composition, and visual story-telling
- Experience producing AAA-quality design/motion assets across a variety of digital channels with a portfolio of representative work
- Experience working with source content to create new works and compositions (for example, creating new imagery using 3D game asset renders in Blender or similar)
- Ability to get to the root of a design ask and quickly execute based on an initial framework or spec
- Ability to gather and process feedback, then iterate towards an aligned final product
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Driven self-starter who can come up with original ideas and see them through to completion
- Passion for and understanding of Halo!
- Active awareness of changes in social media best practices to adapt designs to the most effective formats in a rapidly changing landscape
- Experience creating social / promotional graphic design content for gaming or entertainment properties
- Basic video editing capabilities (for example, creating a short gameplay montage)
- Experience with digital illustration
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits