Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy, when stress is low. Check out our Perks section to see what we do to make you feel more valuable than your work.
We are looking for experienced engine programmers who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.
- Participate actively to the development effort of games
- Work on low-level system such as physic, memory management and code-base structure
- Work on multi-platform codebase
- Port code from one platform to another
- Design and implement game architecture
- Deliver quality code
- Optimize game engine
- Work on pipeline tools
- Integrate SDKs and APIs
- Do complex debugging (memory corruption, threading issues, fragmentation, assembly)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar post-secondary degree/diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in game engine development
- Experience with game engines (Unreal / Unity / Proprietary engines)
- Console experience
- Multithreading experience
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Motivated self-starter who requires minimal supervision and takes ownership of tasks
- Good with algorithms and optimizations
- Current ability to work in Canada/Ontario
- Current citizen of Ontario will be favored