Keywords Studios is a premier provider of video game localization. Through our offices in Redmond, WA and Burbank, CA, Keywords Studios collaborates with many of the top developers and publishers in the industry to help make their best games even better.
This position will be remote to start, but expected to report to either the Redmond, WA or Burbank, CA office in the future when the team returns to the office.
As a Project Manager with Keywords Studios, you will have the chance to work with some of the most innovative video game companies in the world and be critical to our success—and to theirs. You will be responsible for managing all assigned translation projects from kickoff to completion, which means having the freedom to drive the project as you see best, as well as the ultimate responsibility for producing amazing results for our clients within schedule and budget constraints. Sound like fun?
What You'll Do:
* Own the client relationship and all communication on assigned projects
* Devise creative solutions as needed to offer best-in-class support for client needs
* Manage project budgets and vendor negotiations to ensure financial targets are met
* Assign and schedule translators and other resources
* Define requirements for, prioritize, and track all deliverables
* Effectively communicate project status updates internally and externally
* Identify, communicate, and proactively mitigate project risks
* Make sound independent decisions and escalate appropriately
* React smartly when business needs or priorities shift
What You Bring:
* Full professional fluency in English and Japanese
* Experience managing video game localization workflows (1-2 years)
* Deep familiarity with memoQ
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Organization, problem-solving, analytical, and multitasking skills
* Extreme attention to detail
* Advanced Excel skills
* Passion for languages, games, and great customer service
* Willingness to work extended hours when necessary
* Dialogue recording experience a plus
Please note, given the current health emergency, the position will initially be remote. As safety conditions for a safe work environment are met, workers will be transitioned back to our offices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law