As a Senior Game Designer you will be responsible for creating the essential experience for the game. You will be responsible for leadership of all design tasks on a project, including concept development, design documentation, feature creation, user experience (UX), player progression, user interfaces (UI), economy/monetization, and polishing. You must possess superior communication and leadership skills, as it will be your responsibility to ensure that the studio team understands and shares the vision of the game. You will also serve as a mentor and guide for other designers in the company, and you will need to build a deeper understanding of good design principles within your team. Your role will be to assure that each game aligns with core design philosophies of fun, quality, and innovation.
While this position will work with all the major platforms, initially the role will require demonstrable experience and understanding of AAA mobile design principles.
- Create concepts and pitch ideas; evangelize to the studio and generate excitement and enthusiasm among the teams.
- Collaborate with the Franchise Producer, Creative Director, and other Designers to define and improve the game’s vision and overall player experience.
- Lead the creation of the game’s design through Concept Proposals, Game Design Documents, and Functional Specifications.
- Research industry and product design trends to enhance the player’s experience and enjoyment.
- Serve as a mentor and guide to other more junior designers; offer them your wisdom and insights regarding the game design process; promote good design principles.
- Work closely and unify all other disciplines: engineers, artists and producers to design, tune and implement various game design directions.
- Lead complex, challenging, impactful game aspects with minimal oversight.
- Analyze analytics and adjust design or balance the game as necessary.
- Contribute to prototyping, game balancing, and gameplay tuning.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of new game designers.
- Remain up to date with game design literature and best practices to be an evangelist for the craft of Game Design.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in game design, including no fewer than three (3) shipped games
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of both premium and freemium games monetization models
- Understands current game design concepts, prototyping, non-linear storytelling, core loops, USP, etc.
- Use of at least one major 3rd party game analytics service
- Must exhibit a strong and current passion for games and a sense of aesthetics applicable to producing AAA entertainment products
- Must be an avid gamer and play games across genres and platforms
- Knowledge of all game platforms and current trends
- Must be an early-adopter when it comes to mobile electronics and other consumer products and services
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in a major game engine technology such as Unreal or Unity
- Solid business-level English skills in both verbal and written form
- Prior experience in using game development tools and techniques; Agile/Scrum, Jira, Hansoft, etc
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Working with an international team of world class professionals on exciting and challenging projects
- Relocation program for new hires
- Learning & Development opportunities – mentoring, lectures, participation at industry conferences and events
- Medical Insurance package
- Sensibly flexible working hours
- Breakfasts, snacks and fruits available during the day, tea and coffee machines
- Friendly team and a family-like environment
- Casual workplace environment in Krakow including games and chill-out zones, and bicycle parking
- Additional benefits – care bonus to cover health, educational and safety needs, four paid days without sick list during a year, paid fitness club membership, corporate parties and team buildings and many more others