Do you want to be part of a leading international technical service provider to the global #Gaming Industry with studios in Asia, Europe, North and South America?
We are currently in the process of expanding our pool of English to Simplified Chinese #Translators and are looking for professional, experienced candidates to become members of our growing global team.
Translators will be responsible for working closely with Project Managers in delivering high quality translations to Keywords’ clients. Translators may also from time to time be tasked with supporting the Vendor Management team in reviewing test translations.
- Translate content from English into Simplified Chinese with high quality standards.
- Review translations in Simplified Chinese to ensure consistency and quality.
- Provide detailed language quality reports on the texts reviewed.
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and develop documentation and style guidelines for your language.
- Provide feedback and collaborate effectively with vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
- Set the creative vision for the target language.
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks.
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality products are delivered to Keywords customers.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an English to Simplified Chinese freelance or in-house translator, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Passion for the video game industry, with solid experience in playing Strategy, Wargames, RTS, 4X games.
- Familiar with Chinese classic literature such as Romance of The Three Kingdoms and histories of Chinese dynasties from Han to Jin.
- Able to write classical/poetic style Chinese.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with people from different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Educational qualification in translation or linguistics is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Simplified Chinese.
- Self-motivation and ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- This is a 1 year contract (renewable) position.
- This is an in-house position located in Keywords Singapore Studios.
- Nearest MRT: Lavender
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and linguistics test.