Location: WFH but candidates need to be local to Burlingame area
Hours: 10 AM-5 PM
Contract Duration: 3-month initial ramp up, with strong possibility of extension based on performance.
This is a fast-paced role that works directly with test analysts and other teams to execute testing against new VR features. This role also includes reporting and software and hardware failures resulting in thorough, actionable bugs. Those in the role are expected to be flexible, proactive, confident, and clear in their testing and communication, and capable of functioning as a part of a team.
- Execute test cases as directed by leads.
- Review work chats and group posts to keep up to date on feature progress and known issues.
- Investigate and report any issues discovered in gameplay and features.
- Verification of fixes to reported issues.
- Qualitative and quantitative feedback from the player perspective on gameplay and features.
- Daily reporting of task progress and issues reported.
- “Not your typical gamer” - We are primarily looking for feedback from people with diverse backgrounds and under-represented demographics in games.
- Ownership of a VR headset or comfortable being in VR for prolonged periods of time.
- Experience writing bug reports or demonstrable knowledge in bug reporting.
- Competency with OS command lines.
- Strong deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and quality assurance.
- Clear, descriptive, and succinct written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrative organizational skills and detail-oriented focus.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a testing position.
- Experience with Android debugging tools.
- Experience reviewing logs to derive the root-cause of bugs.
- Experience with Android & iOS mobile platforms.
- Experience with commonly used issue tracking software such as Jira, etc.
- Experience with commonly used test case tracking software such as TestRail, etc.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits