Due to the COVID-19 situation we are also open to remote work options for the summer.
We are looking for testers passionate about gaming to join the Development Support team of one of our major game publisher clients.
The Development Support team works with the QA and development teams to ensure features work correctly from day one, and continue to work correctly post-launch.
Work Location: Burnaby
Work hours: 9-5.30 PM Monday to Friday
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of at least one test area (feature/release), including becoming the point-of-contact (POC) for that test area
- Providing complete and complete feedback to the partnered development and production teams
- Testing and reporting bugs
- Performing test cases (blackbox, whitebox, and greybox)
- Test planning, test briefings, bug estimates, and test case modification & creation
- Executing requests for point-of-contacts (POCs), producers, and developers
- Contributing to QA documentation (Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Update core QA team on changes to the features, and provide input into which test areas to focus on
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Previous QA testing experience or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team while under pressure
- Passion, knowledge, and/or understanding of a sport (soccer, hockey, mixed martial arts, etc.)
- Passion for gaming (PC, console, or mobile)
- Familiarity with current generation game consoles
- Computer science or game development background
- Experience with documenting QA methods (test planning, writing test scripts, test cases, test briefs, etc.)
- Experience with bug-tracking software (Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
At Keywords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits