Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The German Linguist position will be based at HQ in Dublin. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on Games translation. We are passionate about providing high quality translations to our clients. You will be part of that, translating for a world renowned mobile and social games title. This role requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for Games.
Please note: Relocation to Dublin is required for this role, there is a relocation package available for successful candidates.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Review translations in German to assure consistency and quality
- Translate content from English into German with high quality standards
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is achieved
- Provide detailed language quality reports on text you review
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals
- Assess the amount of workload to ensure timely task deliveries
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guidelines.
- Ensure that the text is consistent and only correct approved terminology is used
- Fix linguistic bugs reported by the testing team
- Native level of German
- Linguistics background:
o Solid experience as either freelance or in-house translator/reviewer from English to German
o Educational qualification in linguistics. Degree level desirable
- A gamer:
o Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing text-heavy genres (RPGs, MOBAs, RTS, TCG, Visual Novels)
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in German and in English
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of CAT tools