Pay rate: CAD $20.00 per hour
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are also open to remote work options.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:30pm
The Data Specialist role will be responsible for assembling data from multiple sources, conducting analyses, performing research, interacting with different internal customers, designing, documenting, and implementing analytical solutions, as well as compiling and presenting results, in graphical and written summaries, to a variety of audiences.
Must Have Requirements
- Experience in past analytical roles
- MS Excel mastery, including formulas, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL to capture bug data for specific projects
- Basic/Intermediate understanding of a programming language (R & Python)
- Strong data visualization techniques for building dashboards, charts, and reports
- Ability to start and maintain strong partnerships between valuable customers
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a team environment
- Ability to present results to clients in clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of SharePoint & Outlook
- Understanding of Agile/Waterfall process
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex business requirements
- Detail oriented, organized, careful and takes mistakes seriously
- Self-motivated and self-driven, with demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently
- Receives questions from internal customers, understands the questions, and determines the data needed to answer them
- Assembles data from multiple sources, conducts analyses, performs research, designs, documents and implements analytical solutions
- Presents analysis conclusions to the team in a clear, understandable, and valuable way
- Takes responsibility and ownership for their active projects, always looking for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement
- Communicates clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and business stakeholders
- Builds strong relationships across the data analyst community, to share knowledge and learn from others
- Presents high quality reports and findings in Power BI, or as PowerPoint presentations
- Builds metrics reporting systems and tracks process improvements across the team
- Pulling data and entering data into the various tools/portals, formatting, sanity checking, etc.
- Design, evaluate and monitor key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Build and share live dashboards and reports complete with user documentation
- Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Education or the equivalent of experience in statistics and/or data analysis.
- Quality Assurance & Gaming knowledge (or able to learn it at a fast pace)
- Experience with systems integration (data import/export, data cleansing/QA)
- Understanding of correlation, regression, classification, and other statistical methods used to look at the data from different angles for use in prescriptive and predictive models
- Experience in working with large operational data sets, involving categorical data for solving classification problems, is a strong plus.
- Experience with QA tools such as DevTrack, DevTest, Hansoft, Pond, Jira, and other data resources
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- RMT, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Gymnasium, Weight lifting facility, Yoga Studio, etc
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors