We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
The Technical Quality Assurance Game Tester is responsible testing at a technical level. The candidate who fills this position will be responsible for reporting and reproducing bugs in the client and company databases, as well as collecting various test metrics as warranted by test plans.
Technical QA Testers are expected to have an advanced understanding of gaming and a familiarity with PC gaming, especially working with mods or level editing software.
Due to Covid-19 and the Stay-in-Place order for Washington State:
This position is temporarily a Work From Home only position. To be eligible at this time, you must also be meet the technical requirements listed below, as well as meeting our other criteria. When the pandemic response and stay-in-place order is lifted, this position will transition to being completely on-site at our Redmond location.
The rate is $20 per hour (USD)
This Contract is expected to last 2 Months with possible extension.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional and GUI based automation testing in accordance with industry and/or proprietary standards
- Follow structured test cases and larger test plans
- Ensure title functions as specified in game or hardware documentation
- Find, reproduce, and document bugs with efficient and understandable repro steps
- Regressing logged bugs and verifying fixes
- Use testing related tools as required to assist with verification
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Game scripting or modding experience with tools like the StarCraft 2 editor or Kismet (or similar)
- Strong analytical skills. Someone who can think in logic flow diagrams
- Experience with Issue management and test case management tools (Jira, Adaptivist)
- Passion for gaming and the games industry
- Excellent eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and work autonomously
- Strong internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse
- Headset w/ Mic
- Having a camera is a plus, but not necessary
- Proactive and professional attitude
Work From Home Requirement:
This project is only Temporarily WFH. When WA States Stay at Home order is lifted, this position will transition to being full time on-site at our Redmond, WA Office.
- Scripting experience (self-taught or school)
- Passion for MOBA style PC games (DOTA2, League of Legends, .
- Previous experience with web, software, game or application QA
- Previous experience with distributed teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
At Keywords Studios we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits