d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and we deliver truly ground-breaking projects for our A-list clients. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the technology sector, adding value to games, business software or apps. And as a successful and growing business based in Runcorn Cheshire we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
The Junior Technical Artist helps bridge the gap between the artists and programmers. Their responsibility is to learn and ensure the art content and features are easily created and integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Help to establish and maintain project art pipelines from inception and throughout the project life-cycle.
- Support the art and animation team requirements and assist with resolving technical issues.
- Assist with creating and integrating in-house toolsets and be involved in creating materials/shaders
- Help to ensure all artwork hits memory and frame rate guidelines/restrictions by means of performance profiling.
- Collaborate with the artists and feedback on how they can improve the performance of the in-game assets while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Help to ensure all artwork adheres to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures etc
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues
- Advise Tech Art Leads of resourcing concerns and productions risks.
- Enjoy the technical challenge and constraints of real-time game art and have some understanding of modern rendering, shading and lighting techniques.
- Must be performance and quality focused.
- Must have a working knowledge of Maya and/or 3DS Max and some knowledge in Python
- Good communication and organisation skills and enthusiasm for working within a multidisciplinary art team.
- Ability to create materials/shaders and an understanding of a PBR workflow.
- Good understanding of the technical limitations of current console hardware.
- Practical and methodical approach to technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a Technical Artist
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints
- Knowledge of current game development practices and terminology and a passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques
- MEL and/or Maxscript knowledge is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Maya API and programming in C++ or C# is advantageous
- Some understanding of various other tools and software used in development, Photoshop, Substance, Houdini etc is also advantageous.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine or Unity is advantageous
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.