d3t Ltd, a Growing Gaming Software Specialist, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Core Technology Programmer to join their growing team based in Runcorn. Be prepared to be challenged daily on incredibly varied projects.
The first hour of your day could be spent looking at code reviews submitted by other team members. You then might be spending the day working on PC to PS4 port. You’d be responsible for porting large game and engine systems in a clean and extensible manner, and providing ideas and input to others in the team. In the afternoon you might spend some time helping out on another project which you have some previous domain-knowledge of.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in both games and business software
- Ability and willingness to support junior programmers as required
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a programming position
- Experience shipping games or apps from inception to completion
- Fluent in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- Experienced and confident working on low-level code in areas such as physics, rendering, memory management, networking etc.
- Experience working with in-house or commercial game engines
- Experience porting games between platforms
- Experience working on console hardware