Keywords is an international provider of technical services to the global video game industry, with 45 offices across 20 countries and 4 continents. The organization employs over 5,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 80,000 artistic assets, 21 million words of audio, 250 million translated words, 2.5 million hours of testing, and resolve more than 16 million customer support tickets. We work with 24 of the top 25 games companies by revenue for 2017.
The payroll administrator, in collaboration with the payroll manager, will ensure that payment cycles are fully processed and that payroll reports, time sheets, allocation of funds are all accurate. They will also ensure that all of these documents are in compliance with the applicable federal and provincial regulations as well as with company policies. Other responsibilities include: responding to employee questions about pay, new employee set-up, as well as improving upon the procedures currently in place.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks:
- Process bi-weekly payment for all salaried employees, employees paid on an hourly basis, and freelancers;
- Compile payroll data such as wage garnishments, time off, 401k and benefits plans and other deductions;
- Communicate with supervisors to make certain that the hours worked by staff are approved;
- Ensure that changes in salaries and hourly rates are made in an accurate and timely manner and according to payment periods;
- Ensure that year-end statements are adjusted and distributed in a timely manner;
- Maintain a variety of payroll data, files and registers in electronic format in order to maintain up-to-date references as well as an audit trail for compliance;
- Observe all company procedures and policies;
- Keep up with the latest payroll regulations, norms and work methods;
- Respond to email queries from employees and peers;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Required Profile and Skills:
- At least 5 years' experience working in a payroll administrator position with a large number of employees;
- Advanced Excel skills required;
- Experience with processing payroll across US states a plus;
- Experience with processing payroll in a dynamic environment;
- Experience with the ADP WorkforceNow payroll system is a plus;
- Energy, precision and analytical rigor;
- Good team spirit and collaboration.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities