Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio, is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune, and business offices in Seattle Washington, Tokyo Japan and San Diego California.
Our continued success is fueling the need to expand in the US and we are looking for top quality talent to become part of our studio in Redmond, WA. We are looking for a talented Outsource Artist that could support our projects. If you have a passion for art and working with distributed development teams around the globe, or if you are interested to experience what it is like to work on multiple AAA projects at the same time then dust off your resume, polish up your portfolio and send it to us for consideration.
As a Contingent Outsource Artist, you will be an important part of our art team, working to ensure that we are creating and delivering the highest quality content for our clients. The ideal candidate will be able to perform art reviews of incoming assets and enter that feedback into our issue tracking tools. Being comfortable with current asset creation tools and pipeline will be important as you may be needed to contribute hands on work, depending on the project. Our Outsource artist must be organized, detail oriented and have excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills. Previous experience working at a Game Developer a huge plus.
- Work with team leads and perform Art reviews on incoming assets, enter detailed feedback into issue tracking tools, and support communication between PMs, Artists and External Artists.
- Support the Project Managers, leads, and fellow artists in developing detailed Pre-Production documentation for Artists and estimates.
- Review of external art team submissions and provide clear and concise both written and verbal feedback in English.
- Depending on the project needs, able to create assets in a variety of software packages including, Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Must be able to understand a client aesthetic and support the visual communication to the external artists.
- May be needed to support and participate in client meetings.
- Able to prioritize and provide feedback and review for more than one project.
- Comfortable working with and supporting small teams of external artists (1-5 people) – under supervision of internal Art Leads.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ industry experience with at least one title shipped in a similar role.
- A sound understanding of current-gen game content development processes, tools, pipelines, scene management, limitations, and dependencies.
- Skilled with all current tools and technologies; Maya or Max, Mudbox or Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop, etc.
- 3D sculpting, modeling, texturing, and material creation skills for creating environments, hard surface assets and props.
- Proven ability to produce top quality content, using current generation game engines (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard, etc.).
- Experience in pre-production and planning. Solid understanding of game development and be up to date on current trends.
- Environment Lighting a plus.
- Experience with issue tracking tools like JIRA, Shotgun a plus.
- Good eye for color, light, and visual design. Able to understand a project aesthetic.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- Associates Degree required.
- BA or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
- Convenient location in Redmond
- Open/No Cost parking
- And MORE!!