The MT Language Specialist will work in a team dedicated to the deployment of Machine Translation in the Keywords Studios Localization Production chain,providing support in the initiation, testing and troubleshooting MT engines for Keywords Studios clients. Project Deliverables: Fully tested and certified Statistical and Neural MT systems built using the KantanMT platform. This will include data preparation for training, testing, Language Quality Review (LQR) and deployment of final approved engines into production. It will also involve ongoing support. Project Tasks include evaluation, preparation, compilation, testing, delivery, troubleshooting and back-up of the project files. Resources Managed: Ongoing MT Analysis, Translation Memories, Termbases and Machine Translation platforms.
- Troubleshoot and solve engine issues and support queries.
- Design regular expressions and scripts to solve issues in training data and source files as well as in the translation output.
- Evaluate and prepare project deliverables (software, help docs, websites and others) for translation following set quality standards. This process typically includes the use of CAT tools as well as writing instructions for translators.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise urgent tasks.
- Format, test, deliver and back up the project deliverables following set quality standards.
- Completion of projects on time and in line with quality standards.
- Provide daily feedback to the Program Manager on project tasks status.
- Customising, improving and deploying Machine Translation engines.
Software applications used:
- Windows platform: MS Office, MS Visual Studio, web browsers, Notepad++.
- Translation software: Wordfast, SDL Trados Studio, memoQ, Memsource, Across, Idiom WorldServer, other CAT tools, KantanMT.com.
- Others: VMware, Perl, Python, C++ or C#.
- Degree in Localization or Translation Technology, degree in Computational Linguistics/Applied Languages or other similar discipline
- Computer experience in the translation/localization industry
- Experience with recent Windows operating systems. Macintosh or Linux operating systems knowledge
- Scripting experience preferred but not necessary
- Enthusiastic, organised, flexible and attention to detail
- Ability to manage stress and collaborate
- A second language is advantageous
- Good communication skills