The Senior Software Developer is expected to become the relay between the team and the Supervisor and be an example in terms of work ethic for the team. The main purpose of this position is to have advanced knowledge in writing and maintaining application, databases, scripts and to build and enhance workflow systems and tools for production and administration departments while supporting and maintaining existing software.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Writing code and software according to assigned tasks;
- Train other/new team members.
- Be an example for other team members.
- Be able to replace or help for the Team Supervisor as needed.
- Monitor morale and motivation within the team.
- Data extraction, analysis and transformation based on requirements;
- Working with existing code and software for maintenance and feature implementations;
- Documentation of procedures, software and scripts;
- Escalate any issues to the team supervisor;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of seven (7) years working as Software Developer in team environment.
- Have extensive knowledge if the departments’ internal procedures.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge in software developing languages with an emphasis on PHP, JQuery, NET & Java;
- Advances knowledge in SQL scripting & reporting for both SQL Server and MySQL;
- Proficient with web services, Language API, network communication protocols;
- Ability to work and collaborate with teams of fellow developers;
- Qualifications/Certifications/Diploma/Degree in software development or relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written);
- Willing to work additional hours as required to fulfill the requirements of the role including occasional weekend work;
- Patient, personable, high energy, dependable, positive attitude;
- Desire to take ownership of issues – self-starter and be an example for others;