Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are open to remote work options. But we prefer candidates local to California or who can work in PST time zone.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Keywords Studios is hiring a Design Director to work on the marketing aspects of a life simulation game title created by our client.
The Design Director is responsible for the strategic and hands-on development and design direction of visual brand identities, design systems, and digital / print channel executions in support of our franchise marketing campaigns which span across the full product life cycle.
You will partner with Game Studio Art Directors, Campaign Art Directors, Global Brand Management, and the Global Communications Group to ensure all design represents our client's game values, resonates with their audiences, establishes a unique design perspective and unifies the player experience across all design and marketing campaign touchpoints.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building beautiful, strategic brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, possess practical knowledge of brand, video and digital design, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
- Concept and create world-class design systems for brands and titles that support all marketing and promotional campaigns inclusive of print, digital, motion, social, and environmental. Design Systems include key art, logos, typography, color, graphic elements, and motion-based solutions.
- Oversee and participate in execution of channel content across owned and paid channels including web, retail, social, digital media, email, and events.
- Partner with game team art directors to create work that unifies the marketing strategy and game vision.
- Inspire, lead, and direct individual designers and production artists in the creative development of specific design systems to ensure consistency across channel executions.
- Present work strategically and build alignment around design direction and execution with key stakeholders.
- Understanding of strategic branding and conceptual thinking behind creating beautiful design that works. Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
- Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into every player touchpoint.
- Create rules and guidance for each title’s brand style guide, brief partner teams on these rules, ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
- Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility, imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
- Ensure that creative complies with brand, platform, and licensor guidelines and industry-standard specs.
- 7+ years of experience at a design agency and/or in-house design team.
- Proven experience in designing for global brands in digital, print, and environmental channels with a track record of delivering robust visual design systems.
- Ability to develop and design ideas from concept to execution utilizing your vast knowledge of strategic branding, retail environments, paid and owned marketing channels.
- Possess solid communication skills – must be able to provide clear direction and inspiration to design teams and to sell concepts and executions both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company.
- Excellent hands-on design, cinemagraph, color, typography, and layout skills.
- Ability to communicate concepts through sketches or visuals if needed.
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters.
- Experience with 3D modeling, illustration, package design, image retouching, or photoshoot direction is a plus.
- Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points in all channels.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Intrinsically motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
- Advanced skills in Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Understanding of After Effects, Keynote, PPT, HTML5, 3D Modeling software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for design and games!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Work From Home due to COVID-19