Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The successful candidate will work within our Corporate Development team, playing a key role in our M&A delivery. The role will suit a qualified or part qualified accountant with strong commercial exposure and a keen interest in pursuing a career in corporate finance. Liaising with key stakeholders across the business and senior external third parties, this person will demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness, risk identification/management and good communication and report writing skills.
- Work closely with the Corporate Development team on M&A execution and key initiatives.
- Assist with managing acquisitions and initial integration.
- Due diligence and comprehensive appraisal of target business to identify commercial potential and risk.
- Collaborate with other Keywords senior personnel across the group (finance, commercial, legal, tax).
- Identify target companies from a financial viewpoint, within the context of the KWS business.
- Interview target management and staff to ascertain key information.
- Identify areas of risk and practical steps to mitigate such risks.
- Analyse financial statements, forecasts and third party reports.
- Financial modelling – both preparation and critical review.
- Report writing for senior executives
- Liaise with financial, legal and other external advisers and critically review output.
- Review legal documents with a focus on commercial terms.
- Qualified or part qualified accountant
- Ideally have financial due diligence or transaction services experience (practice or industry)
- Knowledge of IFRS and tax advantageous
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and report writing
- Commercially astute
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Problem solver and pragmatist