Save the world of video games from all manner of linguistic mistakes that dare to threaten the quality of the best games on the planet. Embark on an epic quest that we could only complete with your help!
Keywords Studios is looking for Hindi / Urdu / Bengali speaking Game Testers with excellent knowledge of English for our office in Katowice, Poland.
The Localization QA Tester will analyze in-game texts to validate grammar, syntax, spelling, and proper location on a variety of different platforms to ensure compliance with all console and handheld manufacturers localized official terminologies. In addition, he/she will also review and perform exhaustive Hindi / Urdu / Bengali language tests to ensure text and audio respect the cultural aspects of a game’s local edition remains in context, and is consistent throughout.
The Localization QA Tester is responsible for testing, identifying, recording, and suggesting fixes to potential bugs in video and computer games relating to language, implementation, user interface (UI), and compliance issues.
Main responsibilities will be the following:
- Verify linguistic accuracy in the Hindi / Urdu / Bengali version of the in-game text and check for typographical, grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Verify cosmetic integrity of in-game text and ensure that all text is correctly displayed.
- Verify the contextual consistency of in-game text.
- Assess cultural appropriateness and check politically sensitive content.
- Verify the correct implementation of the localized text.
- Ensure that the correct approved terminology is used throughout the game.
- Verify the correct functionality, within the localized version of the game.
- Verify testing results across all languages in test.
- Maintain a high level of focus throughout the project.
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in a bug database.
- Run test-cases and checklists.
- Follow the documented processes at all stages of the testing process.
- Verify that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly.
- File review/Correcting files: Proof-read and correct translations.
- Ensure that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained throughout files/game/manual.
- Attend meetings with testing team, team lead and other interested parties, on a regular basis.
- Communicate through the appropriate channels.
- Provide daily status reports about the status of the project testing.
- Support lead by taking ownership of side tasks, such as daily report, bug vetting, coaching of new team members.
- Excellent spelling and grammar of one of the languages: Hindi OR Urdu OR Bengali - proficiency in more than one language will be an advantage!
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Hindi / Urdu / Bengali
- The ability to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation in English and Hindi / Urdu / Bengali languages
- Experience of Software Localization as a QA Tester is a definite advantage.
- Flexible towards responsibilities and working hours.
- You also need to be EU Citizen or have open work permit. Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor work permits at this moment so this one is on you – we’ll take care of the rest!
- Work on interesting projects.
- Possibility to grow within the gaming industry.
- Ability to work on the latest video game content before it's released to public.
- Salary depending on your profile and experience.
- Free beverages & fresh fruits.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- Chill-out zone with video games.
- Referral program.
- Company parties.
- The casual and fun work environment.
- Pleasant location in the business area “Green Park”.