The Lead Graphic Designer will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency on every project. Working with multiple clients and Localization PMs the Lead Graphic Designer will be expected to deliver to both client and company's requirements/targets.
The Lead Graphic Designer will be expected to achieve and exceed the expected margins by providing creative, technical and tactical business solutions.
The Lead Graphic Designer is expected to manage multiple graphic projects of different sizes for multiple clients simultaneously and ensure their profitability, quality and on-time delivery within the timeframe agreed with the client.
The Lead Graphic Designer will lead and manage the graphic team (internal and external) providing world class graphic services to the video games industry internationally.
- Work closely with sales, customer management and the client directly to understand the scope of and requirements of each project.
- Advise clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Lead project planning process and “kick-off” meetings and ongoing project-related meetings, as needed.
- Supervise and lead the graphic designing team.
- Deal communication with the clients and be the point of contact for graphic tasks.
- Responsible for providing training and mentoring sessions to junior team members.
- Ensure that the delivered products or services adhere to the requests and standards of the client.
- Complete the project work within the timeline and estimated budget.
- Analyse incoming projects and create a realistic estimate of the time required for each task.
- Attend client meetings to prepare projects.
- Keep a detailed record of all the tasks performed by the graphic designing Team.
- Analyse, adapt and improve workflows.
- Ensure efficient and professional collaboration with other internal departments.
- Work closely with clients’ Localisation PoC on project specifications.
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and expectations, and anticipate/address client needs and concerns to prevent issues.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with clients.
- Be the expert: gain the trust of the client by demonstrating that you are the expert in graphic.
- Deliver 99%+ of all projects on time
Adherence to standards
- Work with the company's stakeholders to determine workflow and best processes to follow in order to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
- Identify opportunities and spearhead initiatives to continuously improve service and process under industry specific requirements.
- Make independent decisions on work methods to be used on projects, while following established standards and procedures of the department.
- Manage projects finances in BPS
- Manage internal/external costs, monitor profit margin on projects. Act when margins are below target, work with Localization Manager and other Localization Project Managers in their team to address it.
- Ensure project data in the company's information reports is accurate, updated and complete.
- Escalate any potential issues that arise on a project to the Localization Manager and agree on how to manage and communicate these to the client.
- Provide support to new members in their team to achieve department objectives and goals.
- Build good working relationships with all team members.
- Develop the members on the graphic team
- Address any performance issues, escalate to the Localization Manager and HR if necessary.
- Maximize utilization of internal staff to keep cost low.
- Follow team members that need help and training.
- Develop team: 1:1, mentoring, coaching, performance review, PIP
- Take responsibility for personal learning and training needs and effectively applying business specific technology and methodologies.
- Proactively look at tools and technologies being used and have the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely to management
- Look for continuous improvement in workflow and processes
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. project managers, sales, engineers) to address customers’ need
- More than 5 years of experience in graphic designing
- Excellent knowledge of DTP, Graphic Design and Video Editing software
- Excellent creative and innovative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Japanese(business level) and English(business level) skill
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Client interfacing ability with confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with clients, partner and internal teams
- Knowledge of interactive design including best practices in technology, usability and user experience
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks
- Experience in the Games industry is an advantage.
- Passion for the video game industry.
- Must be motivated and a team player.
- Flexible towards working hours.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Health insurance, welfare pension insurance, occupational accident insurance etc.
- Commuting costs are covered up 30,000 JPY per month
- Full weekly two-day system (Saturday and Sunday)
- Public holiday
- Annual paid leave
- Special leave
- Congratulations and condolences holiday etc.