The Italian freelance translator is able to translate videogames text from English to Italian. Applicants have to be native speakers of Italian and, on top of being hard-core video gamers, they must have a strong passion in iconic entertainment franchises, manga/anime, sports (the wider the range of sports expertise - i.e. soccer, basket, hockey, wrestling - the better), comic books, fantasy, movies, TV series. We expect the applicants to explicitly state which franchise/sport they know and love.
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian;
- Very strong interest in videogames among a range of platforms and genres;
- Very strong interest in sports among a range of sports, namely soccer and basket;
- Excellent general knowledge (pop culture: TV series, manga, cartoons, movies, comic books);
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and stay focused;
- Accuracy, attention to details, organizational skills;
- Maximum availability in summer months (June/September);
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Initiative, self- government and problem solving abilities;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- University degree and/or a qualification in translation;
- Translation tools competency and owning (memoQ) is a plus;
- Knowledge of another language is a plus;
BenefitsYou can work from anywhere within Euro-timezones by combining your passion for languages and videogames and the entertainment industry as a whole. We will provide training and we aim to establish a long and fruitful collaboration.