As a Animator at Lakshya Digital a Keywords Studios, you will be responsible for creating animations as per client’s specifications and quality requirements within the budgeted time and effort.Ensure that they communicate questions, challenges, work status and new learnings to Leads, PMs and project team members appropriately and on time.
- Study the task specifications and client brief thoroughly before initiating estimation or commencing work on tasks. Understand the information provided and highlight to the Lead any missing or contradictory information.
- Provide a list of queries to the Lead to seek clarification on the task allocated. Ensure that maximum clarity is achieved regarding the specifications, art direction and approach for a task before commencing work on it.
- Work closely with the Lead to arrive at appropriate effort estimates for tasks.
- Collect adequate and appropriate references before commencing work.
- Create animations from scratch OR cleanup and process high quality 3d motion capture data.
- Provide daily update of task status to Lead/sub-Lead.
- Proactively solve artistic and technical problems encountered while working on a task. Discuss such solutions with Lead/sub-Lead before implementing them. Red-flag unsolved problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain and improve own productivity by completing work within the time allocated. This includes art tasks taken to completion or to a predetermined point where it is to be handed over to a polishing artist.
- Adopt organization mandated Best Practices and Work Processes while working on a task.
- Deliver high quality work with zero QC errors and resulting in minimal iteration. Diligently check task against checklist to ensure that the task complies with all specifications.
1.Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Skilled at using industry standard software such as Maya, 3D Studio Max Motion Builder etc.
- Skilled at cleaning up and processing high quality Mocap data.
- Proficient in creating human and creature animations
- Knowledge of traditional animation fundamentals
- Good knowledge of game art creation pipeline
- Up to 2 years of experience as a game animator.
2.Behaviors and Abilities
- Professional and friendly in daily conduct.
- Able to plan work-days and leaves in advance, after consultation with the PM and Lead, keeping the project requirements in mind.
- Able to create a self-development plan in consultation with the Reporting Manager, and to work on the same diligently.
- Stays up-to-date with knowledge/understanding of the latest developments in tools and technologies related to game art production.
B.CommunicationAble to regularly communicate with Lead and PM to inform on:
- Completion status of work allocated
- Leaves planned
- Any problems or issues that might impact the timely completion of work
- Any new learnings
- Verbally communicate complex problems and issues, whether project or people related, with ease and simplicity, keeping the recipient’s comprehension level in mind.
- Consistently deliver assigned assets within timelines and as per quality in order to come across as a reliable, responsible and trustworthy team member.
- Show commitment to support the success of the project through delivery, stretching or going the extra mile if required, and highlighting and solving asset creation related issues
- Be open to feedback and be willing to owe up to mistakes in order to work towards a positive contribution.