d3t are a successful and growing video game software specialist. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Graphics Programmer to join our growing team based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
We offer work-for-hire software development services to the games industry. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
The Role - Graphics Programmer
- Design and program graphics engine components and shaders for PC and next generation consoles.
- Create clean, efficient and well tested code.
- Participate in the full development cycle of console and PC games starting from basic prototypes through to release.
- Collaborate with other engineers as well as game designers, artists and QA on a number of studio projects.
- Additional responsibilities and projects may be assigned as and when required.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of HLSL/GLSL shader programming languages.
- Experience in GPU debugging and graphics bug fixing.
- Experience writing lighting shaders.
- Experience of rendering hardware and implementing some modern rendering techniques e.g. screen-space post-processing effects, ambient occlusion, shadows, reflections, modern specular lighting reflectance models.
- Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math).
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with modern graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan).
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working with large code base projects (2+ years).
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in GPU profiling and optimisation.
- Experience working in a PBR material workflow and general understanding of texture authoring requirements.
- We are looking for a confident individual with a can-do attitude and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- You must be able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility within the workplace.
- A passion for games and game development is a must, alongside an enthusiasm and interest in current render tech and lighting methods.
- A self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
Just some of the many offered by d3t...
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area