LET US INTRODUCE OURSELVES
ICHI is an award-winning creative agency producing standout campaigns for some of the world’s biggest, most loved entertainment brands.
We believe that great creative is always focused, feels effortless, and doesn’t happen by accident. This means, regardless of project size, our approach is strategically focused and driven by a core team of specialists working from pitch to completion.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, strategically-minded, sleeves-rolled-up creatives to join the squad. If this sounds like you, read on...
YOUR ROLE AT ICHI
As a Designer, you will help define and create all visual output for the agency, from trailers and social content to branding and 360 marketing campaigns.
ICHI design is meticulously crafted and always accountable: You will work closely with the Senior Designer and Creative Directors (as well as Motion, Design, Digital, and Production departments) to produce work that delivers on strategy and meets client objectives.
You will assist with research, ideation, and concept execution across all media, including design for digital, moving image, and print, within the visually diverse entertainment sector. Consistently delivering to the highest standards requires expert ability, versatility, and a keen awareness of market trends, combined with outstanding creativity and acute attention to detail.
As a member of the ICHI creative department, you’ll have the opportunity to build your skills within a supportive, collaborative environment. There are no lanes to swim in, and cross-disciplinary working is encouraged. You are highly motivated with fantastic interpersonal skills and love the challenge of innovating within the fast-paced digital industry.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS
- Assist with creative conceptualisation of client campaigns, and deliverables across all media and disciplines including design for digital, moving image and print.
- Ensure ICHI's high standard of work is executed with the day-to-day support of the Senior Designer.
- Use existing knowledge of creative trends to inform decision making when creating designs, yet keeping in mind the overall creative direction of the asset to maintain consistency throughout the campaign.
- Receive and respond to briefs, ensuring the development of innovative and compelling creative concepts that meet the client requirements.
- Be continuously up to date with emerging trends / communication channels where relevant to the company and our clients.
- Communicate effectively with senior team members in order to receive feedback, allowing for efficient and effective project development.
- Communicate and present concepts and information in a concise and professional manner whether in a verbal, written or visual context.
- Develop a keen eye for detail throughout all areas of work and when finishing and finalising assets and files for client delivery.
- Effectively time manage yourself and manage projects which have tight deadlines by communicating with the correct members of staff and seeking advice from senior creatives on best practise.
- Work alongside the Senior Designer and all internal departments (Motion, Design, Digital, Production) to ensure high quality, effective output.
- Report back at regular intervals on progress of projects to the Senior Designer.
- Carrying out research and collating information to devise all creative from a strategic and brand aligned perspective.
- Adhere to existing brand style guidelines within all projects.
- Ensure all completed projects are consolidated and archived in the appropriate place.
- Develop a strong understanding of the ICHI brand and also the brands/clients we work with in order to output effective creative.
- Contribute to and help drive the creative identity and vision of the company.
- Effectively time manage yourself and maintain hitting deadlines.
- Constantly report back on progress of projects to ICHI’s Senior Designer and (when required) ICHI’s Executive Creative Director.
- When required work as a team with, Photographers, Illustrators, other Designers, Account Managers, Website Designers and Marketing Specialists, TV Producers and Directors.
- 1st Round: email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter - bit more about yourself, why you would like to work at ICHI
- Portfolio - showcasing the work completed under clients you have secured
- 2nd Round: video interview with Creative Director
- 3rd Round: face-to-face interview with Creative Director and Executive Creative Director (subject to COVID 19, if not possible then video interview)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of working in an agency/production/marketing environment in a design role
- A strong portfolio including work within the gaming/entertainment/youth brand sector
- A keen eye for detail throughout all areas of work, able to follow brand guidelines, and deliver faultless design files
- A critical, highly considered approach to design with the ability to stay on brief and effectively respond to client objectives
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to communicate and present design concepts in a concise and professional manner
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Be up to date with emerging trends/communication channels
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Office and Google suite applications with general computer efficiency
- The right to work in the UK
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Competitive salary (with perks) based-on-experience
- Flexible, hybrid home/office working
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA healthcare
- Income protection cover
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Team social events
- Summer hours
- Friendly working environment
- And much, much more.