Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are also open to remote work options.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
The Franchise Capture Manager will be responsible for directing game capture to be used in genre leading marketing and social assets. This role will be responsible for mentoring and directing a team of capture specialists responsible for capturing footage for multiple assets. This role will work with directly with creative directors and production partners to ensure capture is delivered on time and to quality. This role is solutions oriented and requires creative problem solving.
- Expert knowledge in one or more major sport franchises.
- Background in cinematography and composition of framing shots.
- Passion and experience in content creation for video games.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Team first mentality with the ability to mentor a group of capture artists to hit daily goals.
- Ability to clearly describe their creative vision for game capture to their capture team as well as production, creative, and editorial partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills a must
- Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Ability to give clear and concise creative notes to capture team
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Proficient in Mobile/PC use and current generation video game consoles.
- Daily stand ups with Capture team and Director of Capture to ensure work is on track.
- Quickly able to identify roadblocks and find creative solutions to avoid lost production days.
- Works with franchise creative leads to build shot lists based off creative vision.
- Mentors and directs all games capture teams on gameplay action and camera work on a shot by shot basis to ensure footage aligns with approved creative direction.
- Updates dailies to capture review tool for partners to provide notes on shot direction.
- Shares notes with capture team and directs footage to align to the needs.
- Quickly adapts to work across multiple assets, easily shifting from one project to another to ensure the capture team is working efficiently.
- Passion for working in the gaming industry
- Keen Knowledge of the video game industry and how games are marketed to consumers.
- Degree in Film, Art, Design, or related field is a plus but not required
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- RMT, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Gymnasium, Weight lifting facility, Yoga Studio, etc
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors