Established in 1998 and working in over 60 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast-growing plc., listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. Keywords is an international service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Montreal, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Milan, Rio de Janeiro, New Delhi, and more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, quality control, and customer support services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
Reporting to the Language Quality Supervisor, this position provides continued monitoring over the translation quality of our global pool of resources, in order to maintain and improve external freelancers’ standings with Keywords, and ultimately boost overall quality output. The Language Quality Specialist is a proactive member of the Localisation Resource Management team, contributing to deliver an efficient resource management service to internal staff, external resources, and clients, both locally and globally as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Trigger Quality Reports on selected resources, liaising with all stakeholders (PMs, Evaluators, Validators, etc.).
- Monitor Quality Reports life cycle and flow in the quality platform.
- Support RM and PMs in anticipating and dealing with quality issues.
- Flag potential resources for promotion or demotion based on quality results.
- Run regular analysis on resource and language quality status.
- Support vendor selection efforts by validating new candidates’ entry tests.
- Validate and arbitrate Translation Quality Reports, share evaluation results to external resources.
- Coordinate with other quality teams to handle the technical side of the quality platform, help troubleshoot problems, contribute to conceive developments/enhancements and best practices.
• Strong multicultural team approach.
• Mediation/negotiation skills in working with people from different countries and cultures.
• Ability to multitask and quickly adapt to change.
• High level of commitment and motivation is essential.
• 2+ years’ experience at a localization linguist level.
• Higher education in translation-related studies, or equivalent experience.
• Fluent English plus at least 1 additional language.
• Knowledge of localization QC processes desirable.
• Previous experience in working with remote management and remote teams is highly desirable.