d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is continuing to grow and we are now looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based near Runcorn, Cheshire and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
The Role – Senior VFX Artist
The Senior VFX Artist is a key part of our growing Art Team at d3t. Having an excellent eye for detail, we are looking for someone who can create world class Visual Effects that support and enhance the gameplay experience. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and the quality of our Visual Effects artwork is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Accurately follow a pre-defined art direction or concept to produce impressive visual effects in varying art styles.
- Create complex high-quality effects, from prototype through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing and assisting with concepting new ideas, exploring new techniques.
- Work with other Art Leads in helping to oversee the VFX art team quality, ensuring consistency between initial vision and final look.
- Work with tech artists and programmers to improve workflows, creating clean and efficient systems, with an awareness of what is required for optimal performance.
- Ensure work hits all memory and frame rate guides and comply to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc.
- With a professional and organised approach, you adhere to schedules and promptly feedback concerns regarding any aspects of the project. Ensuring the right tasks are tackled in the right order, updating Jira, communicating progress and helping to manage team deliverables.
- Respond to art direction effectively and assist in both providing and implementing feedback.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the VFX art team.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the VFX art processes and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Self-driven, autonomous and confident, demonstrate responsibility for work quality and processes for both yourself and other members of the art team, actively contributing fresh ideas and encouraging the team.
- Confident with motivating VFX Artists, inspire colleagues to flourish and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent artistic ability exhibited through a portfolio/showreel, demonstrating a broad range of 2D and 3D real time game VFX in a variety of art styles.
- Strong understanding of timing, weight, physical behaviour and motion physics.
- In depth understanding of current visual effects trends and technologies and a passion for innovation.
- High proficiency in Maya/Max, Photoshop, Substance and After Effects.
- Experience in Houdini, UE4's Cascade or Niagra, Unity's Shuriken, PopcornFX, FumeFX or Ember Gen and some basic programming knowledge in Python or HLSL.
- In depth understanding of various tools and game engines currently used in game development.
- Strong communication and organisation skills and confident working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Evidence of being an enthusiastic leader or role model whilst in the role of VFX artist.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving and an ability to take art direction effectively.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a VFX artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques.
- Experience of working within VFX development for at least 4 years.
- At least three published titles.
- At least two full project cycles in an Intermediate Art position.
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences.
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.