Our major pharmaceutical client in Indianapolis is looking for an experienced project manager to join their team.
This position is accountable for the management and the overall success of projects with limited size and complexity; working with internal and external teams to ensure that initiatives are completed on time and within scope and budget.
The PM manages, plans, and administers the project lifecycle activities for assigned projects, production turnover and post implementation support for a given period.
- Charting projects
- Assisting in elicitation and scoping of requirements
- Developing project management plans
- Scheduling, coordination and driving of project meetings
- Client communication
- Periodic status reports to clients.
Essential job functions include:
- Analyze Master Agreements, Request for Proposals, Statements of Work, and other documents to extract project requirements. Coordinate with Client Solutions team, technical subject matter experts, and facilitating teams to translate high-level business requirements to detailed specifications. Identify and collaborate with stakeholders to assemble project management plans for the project's scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, and procurement. Coordinate with project members and facilitating groups to integrate the various elements of the project. Prepare project schedules and delegate activities and tasks to the project team. Monitor project progress and ensure the effective and efficient performance of activities and tasks, and the adherence to the project objective. Discerns requests and changes that are out of scope of the current SOW and routes customer requests Procurement. Ensure project's adherence to Statement of Work, other applicable contract documents, and project management plans. Ensure the project meets financial objectives.
- Coordinate with the appropriate personnel to meet project's training needs. Provide reports to customer management as well as Keywords Management, on an established schedule or as needed.
- Quickly discern project risks and issues and work with the customer and Keywords management to implement effective solutions. Conduct effective and informative meetings with the organization, as needed.
- Coordinate with the appropriate HR personnel when resolving escalated employee issues, as needed.
- Detailed prior experience in the entire project management life cycle working from concept and initiation phases through project execution, closure, and transfer to ongoing operation. Proven ability to quickly obtain a thorough understanding of the line of business for which the project is undertaken.
- Proven ability in identifying, tracking, monitoring, and addressing risks and issues.
- Proven ability in defining, judging and substantiating that all milestones have been met. Proven ability in identifying and prioritizing dependencies; addressing constraints; and assumptions
- Initiative and Leadership:
- The candidate must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Problem-solving and Judgment: The candidate must a problem-solver and make logical decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to discern and improve current process, methods and tools
- Integrity: Must maintain Keywords Code of Ethics and confidentiality in all actions at all times
- Highly adaptable and possesses a strong organizational and analytical skills to manage dynamic requirement changes that need quick turn-around
- Ability to fairly evaluate individual and team performance, and enables personal and professional growth
- Presentation skills:
- Must be able to demonstrate self confidence and convey message to varied audiences, and maintain composure in challenging situations
- Organizational Management:
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks with competing priorities. Manage people in a matrix organization
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or a combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to fully meet job specific skill requirements in the following areas – financial, customer service, management, HR, legal, technical
- Experience in creating and managing a project with an estimated cost of $50K or larger
- Experience in managing a diverse group of employees and working with multiple levels of management
- 3 years project management/supervisory experience
- Familiarity with budgets, work plans and schedules, and deliverable and responsibility matrices is critical.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in areas of service and business management, with ability to help define strategic plans and follow through on strategic and tactical objectives
- Ability to drive business process improvement initiatives
- Experience managing key financial controls needed to run a business successfully
- Ability to interpret and act upon market and customer trends
- Anticipates clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
- Understanding of Clinical Trials
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits