Contract Length: 12 months, extension possible
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
Microsoft Game Studios’ Halo team is looking for a sharp eye and a deft hand to help breathe a fresh vision into a new Halo experience. Teamwork, innovation, attention-to-detail and unbridled passion are characteristics we look for in all of our artists. If you are a top talent looking for an exciting, high profile project to challenge you, this is where you need to be.
The Concept Artist - Environment Specialist is central in establishing the overall vision of the universe, working with the Lead Concept Artist to create imagery that will communicate the visual experience, excite the team, and help blueprint all the aspects of the game for content authoring. The ideal candidate should bring a world class understanding of composition and color, a exceptional ability to render exciting architectural and environmental design, and a firm grasp of the practical aspects of content creation.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Lead Concept Artist and other Artists to define the look of the project, from global 'broad stroke vision' and mood to its specific, individual pieces.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the game universe and the constraints of the technology.
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Director and other relevant departments.
- Create key art and visual target illustrations of environments with an emphasis on implicit narrative or “environmental story-telling” as well as atmosphere, lighting, and composition.
- Create orthographic projections or construction guides for environment assets with an emphasis on contextually-appropriate form and function as well as material and texture.
- Assist the Art Director, Lead Concept Artist and other Senior Concept Artists in providing studio feedback during the course of production.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma with an emphasis on Art
- Shipped at least one AAA game title
- Outstanding grasp of architectural and environmental design coupled with strong traditional art fundamentals
- Exceptional mastery of Photoshop, Painter, or other equivalent software
- Ability to work collaboratively
- The ideal candidate must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits