Keywords is an international technical services provider to the global Video Game Industry with 50+ studios across 21 countries and 4 continents. Keywords is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. The organization employs over 7,500 people globally at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets. Keywords Studios Montreal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of services for the video game industry. Our studio includes some of the major brands in technical service to the global Video Game Industry, such as KWS Montréal, Alchemic-Dream and Babel. We work on a large variety of video games of all popular platforms and we are in partnership with the most notorious editors and video game developers such as Warner Bros, ES, Square Enix, 2K, and more!
Keywords Studios in Montreal is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) who will work within the Finance department and report to the Director of Finance. This individual will lead the monthly and annual forecasting and budgeting processes in addition to management performance reporting. The individual plays a key role in providing insights and analysis on business trends, monthly variance analysis and informing the organization on risks and opportunities impacting financial health. This opportunity is suitable for a dynamic and experienced FP&A professional who is hands-on, proactive and wishes to build the Americas FP&A function from the ground up to support the organization as it continues to grow and scale.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Planning and Forecasting – Assess the current monthly Forecast/planning process and develop recommendations for continuous improvement. Spearhead the development of forecasting tools and templates, and lead the monthly profit and loss (“P&L”) forecasting process for the studios in Canada, USA and Latin America. Establish a collaborative relationship with the studio and service line managers and develop deep understanding of the business. Use critical judgement and challenge the forecast numbers provided by each studio or service line. Own the forecast timelines and ensure all stakeholders provide input. Work with the financial analysts responsible for each studio to ensure the monthly forecast update is properly reflected in the reporting package.
- Annual Budget – Manage the annual budget process for the studios in the region. Communicate to all key business partners, both finance and non-finance, the critical milestone dates given by the Group Finance Team and ensure these dates are met. Work with the studio and service line managers to develop the budget and ensure that the numbers are IFRS compliant. Consolidate inputs from service lines, gather assumptions and manage the preparation of the budget file for each studio.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting – Champion the actual to forecast and actual to budget analysis on a monthly basis. Prepare monthly variance summary for each studio. In conjunction with the financial analysts responsible for each studio establish and deliver key reports and performance indicator scorecards to business stakeholders. Provide ad hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives to drive the business forward.
- Pricing – Work with the service line and studio managers to develop pricing models to support contract pricing. Assist the business with profitability analysis.
Qualifications and Education required
- 5 to 10 years work experience in FP&A in a service company (video gaming preferred)
- Successful completion of a University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Accounting of Finance) from a recognized educational institution coupled with either an MBA or professional accounting designation (CMA preferred)
- Experienced in financial digital modeling, data extraction and data integration
- Experienced with modelling and financial statements including profit and loss, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Bilingual (French and English – spoken and written)
- Experience with NetSuite (a definite asset)
- Advanced MS Excel/Access skills
- Experience with a BI system
- Great communication skills and business acumen
- Proven ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of varied and complex initiatives
- Superior technical skills to mesh data from across multiple different sources to create analytics to drive out recommendations
- Curious nature with an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement
- Analytically minded with a strong ability to express the relationship between information and financial performance with a business acumen
- Advanced skills to extract data from multiple systems/sources and transform complex data sets into relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Well-organized with superior attention to details;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and adapt to change;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Professional, responsible, and reliable self-starter;
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Respectful of confidential information.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.