The Quality Assurance Game Tester is responsible for daily test operations. The candidate who fills this position will be responsible for reporting and reproducing bugs in the client and company databases, as well as collecting various test metrics as warranted by test plans. Testers are expected to have a basic understanding of gaming and a familiarity with all modern gaming platforms (consoles, PC, mobile devices).
Night Shift from 8:30pm to 5:00am.
This position is on site, in Redmond, WA..
The rate is $14 per hour (USD)
We are hiring fast, looking for people ASAP.
We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional testing in accordance with industry and/or propriety standards
- Follow structured test cases and larger test plans
- Ensure title functions as specified in game or hardware documentation
- Find, reproduce, and document bugs with efficient and understandable repro steps
- Regressing logged bugs and verifying fixes
- Use testing related tools as required to assist with verification
- Ad Hoc game content not explicit covered by other test passes
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Experience working in Game or Software QA.
- Passion for gaming and the games industry
- Familiarity with PC, console and mobile handset terminology
- Excellent eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office environments (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and work autonomously
- Previous experience with web, software, game or application QA
- Understanding of PC, console and/or mobile handsets at an above-average level
- Familiarity with Database software (JIRA, Bugzilla, TestRail, etc.)