- Follow a pre-defined art direction or concept to produce visual effects in varying art styles
- Create high quality visual effects, from prototype through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing, and assisting with concepting new ideas and exploring new techniques
- Create clean and efficient systems, with an awareness of what is required for optimal performance, ensuring work hits memory and frame rate guides and complies to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc.
- With a professional and organised approach, adhere to schedules and promptly feedback concerns, updating Jira and communicating progress.
- Respond to art direction effectively and assist in both providing and implementing feedback
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the VFX art team.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the VFX art processes and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor junior VFX Artists and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent artistic ability exhibited through a portfolio/showreel, demonstrating a range of 2D and 3D real time game VFX.
- An understanding of timing, weight, physical behaviour and motion physics.
- An understanding of current visual effects trends and technologies and a passion for innovation.
- Proficient in Maya/Max, Photoshop, Substance and After Effects
- Experience in bespoke VFX software such as Houdini, UE4's Cascade or Niagra, Unity's Shuriken, PopcornFX, FumeFX or Ember Gen
- Experience of various tools and game engines currently used in game development.
- Good communication and organisation skills and happy working as part of a multidisciplinary art team
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving and an ability to take art direction effectively
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a VFX artist
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques
Experience of working within VFX development for at least 1 year
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.