We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
The Technical Writer is someone who can clearly write for a kickass developer experience. Tech Writer creates and publishes technical documentations and manuals. Collects and interprets technical data or information and coordinates layout for publication. The client is overhauling their docs (current/old) and they need someone to go through and rewrite with a unified voice/style, and ensure accuracy of the docs.
This is a 3-Month Contract
This position is Work From Home, but only available to residents of certain states. Eligible states are: Oklahoma Mississippi Nevada Maryland Massachusetts Texas Alabama Texas California Colorado Florida Indiana Nevada Oregon Utah New Mexico Washington Ohio
- You will work with developers to create update old documents
- Ensure product teams publish high-quality documentation by providing consulting, reviewing, and editing services
- You will ensure a unified style for all documents.
- 5+ years of computer-related technical writing experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Good technical background and knowledge is a requirement; related degree or experience that expresses skills with documenting technical concepts and systems
- Experience creating documentation that is concise and accurate
- Meticulous in detail
- Can translate complicated technical concepts into written format
- Experience working in the Games Industry
- Programming or scripting experience.
To be considered for this position, please be prepared to provide writing samples.
At Keywords Studios we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,