At Keywords Studios (KWS), we use our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. Our aim is to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
We enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In so doing we empower our clients to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating the most engaging experiences.
KWS is trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
The Global Head of PMO leads our Program Management Organization and leads a dynamic unit which is focused on strategic projects to provide transformational capabilities for Keywords Studios’ Service Lines (e.g. Art, Audio and Media & Entertainment, Game Development, Localization, Player Support and Testing). The role is key to designing and delivering the strategic building blocks of Keywords Studios’ organic growth and managing a portfolio of strategic projects for the group.
You will be responsible for overseeing the four pillars of the PMO:
- Strategic Multi-Service Program Management, overseeing solution design, bid management, mobilisation and operational management of multi-service strategic programs
- Organisational Development, in collaboration KWS Organisational Coach, looking at leadership & succession development, organisational culture development, change management support and organisational learning
- Product & Service Design and Development, looking at value proposition design, innovation, business model development and supporting our Service Lines’ strategic planning processes.
- Strategic Project Management including Initiation, Design, Planning, Execution and Implementation, working cross-functionally/transversally across the organisation
The role can be based in any of our studios but extensive travel is expected (post-pandemic) to Keywords Studios production sites and studios.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Support Service Line leadership on strategic planning and development including:
- Overall service line vision & long-term strategy, including the provision of systemic frameworks, and analytical, decision-making tools
- Product innovation and development (collaborating with Keywords Studios’ Innovation teams)
- Product integration (in collaboration with the Global Head of Integration)
- Oversee the operational delivery of Keywords Studios’ strategic client engagements and multi-service programs:
- Work with the Chief Revenue Officer, Client Partners and Service Line leadership to funnel prospective strategic program opportunities into a best-in-class program acquisition, mobilisation and service model
- Manage & mentor a team of multi-service solutions designers and program managers
- Build, implement and iterate internal and client-facing reports for each phase of a strategic program
- Work to harmonize KPIs, data-gathering & analysis for strategic programs across the Group
- Build and implement robust program governance structures
- Be a primary client-facing advocate for the Keywords Studios strategic program value proposition
- Support & engage with Keywords Studios’ Organisational Development team in their talent, leadership and organisational culture development efforts with executive advocacy, planning/prioritization and mentoring
- Identify opportunities for strategic projects through analysis of evolving client, competitor and market conditions
- Run long-term strategic projects either across the Group or with a specific Service Line
- Support the COO on developing organisational design and structure
- Drive strategic and collaborative thinking through a series of workshops for Service Line leadership teams run by the PMO
- Take a leading role in Keywords Studios’ ongoing Group-wide data integration and analysis efforts
- Collaborate with the Group Operations Director on the implementation of Lean Operational Excellence across Keywords Studios’ service lines and support functions, with a focus on ensuring quality and relevance of the products created and services provided
- Regularly provide reports to global C-Suite and Executive Leadership Team
- Build a collaborative network and maintain working relationships across the organisation to ensure effective co-ordination and resourcing of strategic activities and objectives
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong advocacy and presentation skills
- Strong portfolio management skills with a focus on strategic projects/programs
- Experience of business intelligence/analytics platforms
- Good working knowledge of business software (e.g. ERP, CRM) and virtual collaboration tools
- Excellent written and spoken English, ability to document strategic plans and projects in a structured way
- An ability to turn ideas and initiatives into projects
- A flexible approach to work and an agile work style
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation
- A thirst for both learning and sharing new ideas, processes, techniques and approaches
- Batchelor’s degree or equivalent
- Extensive management experience, preferably in video games or other digital creative industries
- A strong knowledge of the videogames market, and at least two of the services Keywords Studios provides for the Games industry
- Strong data analysis skills and working knowledge of performance and operation metrics
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent decision-making and prioritization skills