- Create high quality 2D user interface graphical artwork, from wireframe prototypes and concepts, through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing.
- Assist with concepting new ideas, exploring new techniques and refining the UI to enhance the player experience.
- Following specified art direction and working in collaboration with other departments, create beautiful icons, menus, buttons and front end HUD graphics, and assist in both providing and implementing feedback.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Ensure work meets all technical constraints, have an awareness of memory usage, optimisation and the impact of artwork on frame rate.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc.
- With a professional and organised approach, you stick to schedules, promptly feedback any concerns, update Jira and communicate progress.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor Junior UI Artists and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent graphical artistic ability, with a clear understanding of colour theory, proportion, layout, composition and use of negative space.
- A passion for graphic design, iconography, typography and an appreciation of the importance of the UI flow and functionality.
- Very good working knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator/XD or similar for vector graphic creation.
- Good understanding of various other tools used in game development and experienced in using current game editors such as Unreal or Unity.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a UI Artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques and emerging UI/UX trends.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 1 year
- At least 1 published title
- Experience in Figma / Adobe XD or similar prototyping tool and After Effects
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.