Presentation of the Company
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with more than 40 offices across 16 countries and 3 continents. The organization employs over 3,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets. We work with 24 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2017.
Keywords Studios Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of services for the video game industry. Our studio includes diverse services lines, such as Functionality Testing, Localization, Localization Testing, Player Support or Player Research. We work on a large variety of video games of all popular platforms and we are in partnership with the most notorious editors and video game developers such as Warner Bros, EA, Square Enix, and more!
Objective of the Position
The Social Media Specialist is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with people.
The Social Media Specialist will be supporting the growth of the Testing Services Service Line (which includes our Functionality and Linguistic Testing service lines) by creating original text and video content, managing posts and keeping all our social media spaces animated while communicating our presence in a positive and authentic way. The Social Media Specialist will also support our internal studios’ social media channels.
The Social Media Specialist is expected to always be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Manage social media presence (internally and externally) and day-to-day activities including;
- Develop relevant content topics for the Testing Services Lines and the Keywords Studio Montréal target audience;
- Liaising with the different studios within the Service Line represented, as well as with the Recruitment Team, in order to compile content ideas to be then added to the content calendar and published on the social media accounts;
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written);
- Regularly checking the social media channels for comments, messages, or other interactions and responding accordingly;
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts;
- Tasks include updating the profile and/or cover images, drafting or editing the page description, deleting older irrelevant posts;
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns;
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review;
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed;
- Creating regular posts, including the text and media (image, video, link, etc.) and scheduling and/or publishing them. All posts must be added to a content calendar (template provided) and approved by the Marketing department before publication. Generating a monthly report per channel, based on the template provided;
- Be the voice of the Service Line and the Studio in social media spaces, engaging and answering questions where appropriate;
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan and drive strategies proven by metrics;
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy;
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the studio;
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results;
- Work closely and in support of the People Engagement as well as the Recruitment teams;
- Support, help standardizing and streamlining the internal studio’s communication;
- Assisting the Marketing team in creating or editing the relevant social media channels following Guidelines.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of marketing and communication. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience;
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media;
- Minimum 1 year as a social media content creator;
- Examples from current and/or previous experiences required;
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing;
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound;
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin etc...) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Highly proficient in written French & English is mandatory;
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field;
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format;
- Experience working with image editing tools (e.g. Photoshop or similar);
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management);
- Possess Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution;
- Experience in the video game industry is a plus!
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.