The Italian Linguist position will be based at our HQ in Dublin, Ireland. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. Based at our HQ in Dublin, this position is to be part of a team focusing on localizing world-renowned video games and assure a high quality standard.
- Review translations in Italian to assure consistency and quality
- Give feedback and collaborate effectively with Italian vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.)
- Provide detailed language quality reports on text reviewed
- Translate content from English into Italian with high quality standards
- Work closely with other Italian linguists to ensure translations meet the standards
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals
- Assess the amount of workload to ensure timely task deliveries
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guideline
- Ensure that the text is consistent and only correct approved terminology is used
- Native level of Italian.
- Linguistics background:
o Solid experience as either freelance or in-house translator/reviewer from English to Italian is a must.
o Educational qualification in linguistics. Degree level desirable.
- A gamer:
o Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing text-heavy genres (RPGs, MOBAs, RTS, TCG, Visual Novels).
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Italian and in English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Direct work experience in a Localisation QA capacity an advantage.
- Knowledge of HTML an advantage.