Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
This AAA Sci-Fi FPS franchise is one of the largest videogame entertainment franchises in the world. With over 50 million game copies sold, the multi-billion-dollar franchise has revolutionized console gaming and established a new, rich and expansive universe for its devoted fans.
The client is looking for a seasoned Visual & Motion Designer for the franchise. As such, you will help shape and drive best practices of visuals and motion concepts across all of their branded experiences. The Visual & Motion Designer will be accountable for delivering best-in-class visual and motion designs and will contribute to the overall efficacy in the design production process, maintain great stakeholder relationships, and help to drive a center of excellence in design within the studio.
The ideal candidate is an empathetic designer and forward-thinker; someone that has hands-on experience crafting visuals and motion targets for large-scale digital products and experiences, who sees design challenges as opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of both craft and leadership and embraces a culture of growth mindset, mentorship, and coaching. Our ideal candidate collaborates and thrives within multi-disciplinary teams operating in an environment of innovation and excellence.
- Contribute to the vision and best practices of the brand expression
- Present ideas, solutions and drive ideation around design challenges
- Able to create beautiful, usable, and delightful visual and motion designs catered towards fans the world over
- Experience producing AAA-quality visual and motion design assets for a wide array of programs, mediums, and public-facing endeavors
- Create effective design adjustments in response to User Testing and Feedback sessions, and be able to collect and translate feedback back to stakeholders effectively
- Collaborate and Partner with both internal and external partners (UX Design, Production, Development) to ensure design excellence across all digital channels while driving the correct implementation and execution of design direction
- Contribute to interface design across a variety of channels, from game to online and mobile
- Prepare assets for use across external Brand Initiatives and Social Channels, both for the studio and the brand
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- 4+ years' experience in a Visual Designer or Motion Designer role
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong sensibility in visual and motion design, with experience in interface design, print and social assets, and/or professional presentation work all within a professional content production environment
- A history of successful visual and/or digital product design for high quality broadcast, film, entertainment products, websites and / or native applications
- Required: A track record of working in 3D while leveraging any of the following tools: Cinema4D, Maya, and / or 3DS Max
- A passion for games a plus
- A proficiency with Cinema4D
- A familiarity with design and grid systems
- Previous experience with large, fiction-rich games or entertainment franchises
- Previous experience with console/PC titles
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits