About Keywords Studios (www.keywordsstudios.com)
Keywords Studios is an international technical services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, and now with over 50 studios in 21 countries strategically located in Asia, the Americas and Europe, it provides integrated art creation, software engineering, testing, localisation, audio and customer care services across more than 50 languages and 16 games platforms to a blue-chip client base of approximately 950 clients across the globe.
Are you passionate about the gaming industry? Would you like to help us enable our clients to create awesome games? From our 50+ Studios, located across 4 continents, we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients working as their external development partner. The Games Linguist position is a unique opportunity to be part of a high performing team, focusing on community and in game content for a leading social games publisher.
The role is to translate and trans create from English into German player support, community and in game content for mobile games. The linguist will also test the games in their native language. It requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for Games. This role will be based at our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. Please note that there will be a relocation package available to the successful candidate, if appropriate.
- Translate/trans create player support, community and in game content from English to German to a high quality standard
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group Quality objectives
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks in Game
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is achieved
- Suggest process improvements that will deliver on goal of optimal translation quality
- Native level German speaker
- Passion for games industry
- Educational qualification in linguistics
- Experience in translation, copywriting or linguistics
- Excellent verbal and written linguistic skills both in German and English
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills