Do you love playing Hockey and Mixed Martial Arts related video games? Would you like to work on creating and maintaining AAA titled games within both fields? Please read on, as this could be your next place to call home!
You will be directly responsible for working with product features for testing, verifying, and responding to requests from the development team. Your knowledge & expertise in Hockey, Mixed Martial Arts in the sport and/or game will play a significant part in the creation of games for users world wide.
We are hiring multiple game testers to test product features and fulfill the needs of the QA and development teams. The Development Support staff works with the relevant Development group and the QA game team. Also, a Development Support is responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the product owner’s expectations. Typically, day-to-day tasks can include bug database maintenance, reporting and attending meetings/scrums. Development Support involves becoming a knowledge base for the product area and the ability to understand the ins-and-outs of how a feature should work, and launching it on time with fewest issues possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate test efforts and take on test requests from Developers/Software Engineers.
- Reporting on sprints to developers, with complete and concise messages
- Key contributor for test planning, test case creation and bug estimates, etc.
- Build analytical reports
- Provides regular game area level QA reports (e.g. high-level risk assessment)
- Maintain documentation to transfer knowledge and provide mentorship to newer team Find and report bugs/issues to Development.
- Partners with development and production teams and provide qualitative feedback
- Maintain the QA pipeline from discovery through a fix to regression verification.
- Create and follow Test Plans and verifications.
- Follow up with development and testing partners and ensuring bugs are properly logged then resolved.
- Knowledge of Hockey and/or Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and the current standings of the team and/or professional
- Professional QA member with proven ownership of one or more test areas
- Ability to coordinate between different feature areas as well as development partners Knowledge of MMA/Hockey related video games.
- Proactive with strong work ethic able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features.
- Flexible and team-oriented. Follow-up and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work in group settings under high-pressure.
- Project progress tracking and reporting combined with previous experience with bug tracking software (Jira, Devtrack, Etc.)
What makes you stand out
- Experience in playing Hockey/MMA video game
- Development support/Quality assurance experience in software development.
- Computer Science background and/or Game Design Diploma or equivalent.
- Familiar with online game modes and current generation consoles (Xbox One, PS4, etc.)
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court