Contract Length: 12-18 months
Work Location: Irving, TX
Work Hours: The Engineer’s shift can vary according to business needs. Weekend coverage is part of this role. Though schedule changes are not frequent, we need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed. This position will require work a rotational On-Call schedule for weekends shifts. The successful candidate will combine strong analytical skills and sound time management skills with consistent display of accountability and teamwork.
We are hiring a Support Engineers, who will be responsible for providing path-breaking technical support to the customers of a top cloud hosting service.
This person will be accountable for providing outstanding technical support experience to the commercial customers of this cloud platform. From problem identification to full resolution, the engineer will own and manage their cases over phone and emails. The Engineer works in constant collaboration with colleagues, involves subject matter experts, or escalates to Engineering (Product Groups)/Management as and when applicable. The Engineer has a shared responsibility towards team goals.
- Be available to take ownership of cases and escalations via phone, mail and web. Provide support to enterprise customers and partners.
- Be the point of contact for handling live technical escalations and politically hot situations.
- Respond to mails/calls from the various Azure Identity and other organization groups with facts. This needs to be done with a strong understanding of technology and processes.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross product technical issues by working with resources from other Microsoft groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
- Collaborate globally; understand cultural nuances and have good interpersonal awareness.
- Ensure that each support request owned is handled as per priorities to the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Identify, document, and improve processes in order to reduce support times and advance the overall customer experience.
- Assist in creating and reviewing content in the knowledge base, by working along with Technical Advisors, Support Escalation Engineer and Supportability.
- Document your technical work and research in detailed and comprehensive manner. Prioritize work to accomplish the most important and urgent requests first.
- Ability to work in a team environment with good problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customer/executive level management on complex technical issues in audience acceptable terms.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness by identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems. Be a customer advocate and target for the most satisfied customers through every interaction.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts; investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other individuals and teams as needed.
- Escalate to senior Engineers, Technical Advisors and Managers(s) as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate and keeping the customers informed. Collaborate with Engineering to resolve service issues.
- Excellent self-assessment to identify when other resources are needed; ability to engage and collaborate effectively with others to resolve complex problems.
- Review and analyze customer experience results to propose and create better solutions. Reduce support time and to improve the overall customer experience.
- Identify opportunities for automation and self-service tools through issue and case analysis.
- 2+ years prior product/technical support experience
- 2+ years technical experience and knowledge working in Azure technical support or equivalent technology
- Technical skills and hands on experience in development or related.
- Software development experience with C#, C++, ASP.Net development or IIS.
- Networking skills, and cloud development are a definite positive.
- Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger).
- REST API.
- Knowledge in Client Server Architecture.
- Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby.
- .NET Framework SDK.
- Java API/SDK
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science is desired, but not mandatory.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to amicably manage conflict and negotiate resolution.
- Proven ability to handle high pressure situations well. Maintaining calm and composure in stressful situations is a must.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits